[my_calendar format=”list” time=”month” year=”2017″ month=”10″ above=”nav,toggle,jump,print,timeframe” below=”key,feeds”]
Come and sample 5 exciting lagers from around the world accompanied by classical Italian nibbles. We will introduce each drink and share it’s history with you.
Grab a seat from 7:00pm for a 7:30pm start
When you have found your favourite beer you are welcome to stay and buy a few more at the bar.
Ability level: Beginners welcome.
Baldock MTB will provide guided tours of the Greenway showing cyclists new to the route a number of exciting areas just off the beaten track to test your riding skills. Starting at the Orange Tree, Norton Road, Baldock at 19:00 riders will be guided around the Greenway being given opportunities to explore some interesting alternative routes, picking up tips and tricks from experienced mountain bikers. Riders will finish back at the Orange Tree between 20:00 and 21:30 (dependent upon experience) having covered approx. 15 miles. This event is suitable for all riders aged 13 and over (Children under 16 years must be supervised by a cycling adult). All riders are must wear cycling helmets and are responsible for providing their own cycles in good working order. Lights will be needed, depending on finish times and detours taken lights may be required towards the end of the ride (and to get home after being refreshed).
The ever growing Baldock Classic Car Show will once again be part of Baldock Festival and is open to any vehicle over the age of 20 years old and ‘interesting’ newer vehicles are also welcome. As usual we will have of prizes on offer awarded by our expert judges for best in class. We will have a BBQ with quality burgers and bacon sandwiches, a Cider Bar run by Apple Cottage, teas and coffees provided by Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre with cakes on sale by the Brownies/Guides. All the proceeds from this event will be going to charity so please if you are just spectating please donate some money to the charity boxes as all the team are working for free.
- Classic Bikes and Commercials welcome
- Parking Starts from 10:00 and the runs from 11:00-16:00
- Brown and Gammons will opening their doors for you to take a look around.
- Entry price for displaying a vehicle will be a minimum of a £2.00 donation per vehicle and is payable upon your arrival.
- If you can pre-enter for this event, as entry will be on a first come basis with entry forms getting priority.
- Forms will be available on the day to be completed or download one from this website.
- Prizes have been donated by Baldock Independent Beer Festival and Apple Cottage Cider.
- Don’t forget that the open gardens event is on the same day, so can take a look around some of the splendid Baldock hidden gems.
Please follow us on Facebook
All proceeds will go support the running and development of Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre.
New display looking at the history, trade and culture of the Roman town of Baldock based on the latest research; illustrated with finds from the numerous archaeological excavations that have taken place here. Display courtesy of NHDC Archaeology Department. Also second-hand history books for sale and an opportunity to look through albums of old Baldock photographs.
Also the last chance to see The Motor Trade in Baldock
Also on May 19th
Another chance to look around some of Baldock’s hidden gardens.
- Organised by Baldock Rotary Club
- The opportunity to enjoy gardens large and small
- Take refreshments in the courtyard at Templars (between 2.00pm and 4.00pm)
- Listen to the Bygrave Handbell Ringers
Details of the gardens open and a map will be provided when you buy your ticket. A mini bus will operate to and from Templars to gardens on a requested basis.
All proceeds from this event will go to the charitable causes that Rotary is supporting throughout the year.
The CWGQ is a group of around twenty-five singers and instrumentalists, performing the distinctive psalms, hymns, anthems and carols that were sung in the west galleries of English country churches in the 18th and early 19th centuries.
Cream teas and Pimms (and other refreshments)