[my_calendar format=”list” time=”month” year=”2017″ month=”10″ above=”nav,toggle,jump,print,timeframe” below=”key,feeds”]
The event is for the ROYAL BRITISH LEGION Poppy appeal. It will be a ticket event only, tickets to be bought in advance. Last day to buy tickets is Friday 4th May.
Come and join us for an afternoon of 60’s songs.
Classique are a singing group who are all from Baldock who sing at the local care homes, for other groups in the town, including the W.I, The Senior Club, The Royal British Legion and many more. If you would like more information about us you can contact the Secretary J.Middleton on 07948377089.
Tea and cakes will be served during the afternoon.
Everyone welcome. Free entry.
The evening is a mixture of the Stevenage Male Voice Choir’s varied and extensive repertoire which covers all genres of music, including show songs, popular standards, blues, spirituals and some religious and opera pieces. So there is something for everyone.
- A Cole Porter Medley (full)
- I Got Rhythm
- Fields of Gold
- Stout Hearted Men
- Autumn Leaves
- Ben Ward piano solo
- Heat of my Hearts
- The Show must go on
- Stormy Weather
- Some Enchanted Evening
- The Rose
- Ben Solo
- An American Trilogy
- Salut d’amour
- Over the Rainbow
- 60 Years of Harmony
Everyone is most welcome to attend this coffee morning and ‘Bring and Buy’ to raise funds for Christian Aid.
The Baldock Street fair is one of the must attend days in the Calendar, with stalls and free shows down the high street and around town.
Fifty craft and local charity stalls (with many stallholders in costume!) to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Free drinks will be available for those who dress up to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Visit the Festival Stall for a free drinks voucher. (While Vouchers last)
The Baldock Street Fair Highlights Throughout the day:
- ‘Tricky Micky’ will be giving five 30-minute performances which will include a Punch and Judy show, Magic Show and Ronnie Rabbit Puppet.
- LEG II AVG – A leading Roman living history group, who have done countless TV Documentaries and provided props for film and TV, will be setting up camp in the High Street for the day. Their latest documentary with which they were involved – Epic Warrior Women Gladiatrix – won an award at Cannes for best historical accuracy and re-enactments. Come and meet fiercesome gladiators and soldiers!
- Fairground rides. James Harris will again be bringing his fairground rides to delight the children.
- School Choirs from Hartsfield JMI School and St John’s Catholic Primary School will perform during the day. There will also be traditional maypole dancing from Hartsfield School.
- Zumba display in the arena too.
- Pupils for the Andrews School of Dance will be performing
During the day judges will be visiting all the stalls to choose the one they think has most entered into the spirit of the day by dressing up to represent a period of Baldock’s past, and awarding a cash prize.
Hosted by Baldock Midnight Morris, this Day of Dance will take place on the High Street and at other venues around the town. These traditional Morris sides and other groups from all over the east of England will bring music, dance, fun and colour to add to the fantastic atmosphere of the Street Fair.
Come and join us for a Royal Wedding Garden Party in our beautiful garden. We will be serving homemade cream teas, sandwiches and cakes. There will also be a traditional childrens games hall in the church, so try your luck at splat a rat, tin can alley, pin the crown on the queen and many more. Come along and join the fun!
The ever growing Baldock Classic Car Show will once again be part of Baldock Festival and is open to any vehicle over the age of 20 years old and ‘interesting’ newer vehicles are also welcome. As usual we will have of prizes on offer awarded by our expert judges for best in class. We will have a BBQ with quality burgers and bacon sandwiches, a Cider Bar run by Apple Cottage, teas and coffees provided by Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre with cakes on sale by the Brownies/Guides. All the proceeds from this event will be going to charity so please if you are just spectating please donate some money to the charity boxes as all the team are working for free.
- Classic Bikes and Commercials welcome
- Parking Starts from 10:00 and the runs from 11:00-16:00
- Brown and Gammons will opening their doors for you to take a look around.
- Entry price for displaying a vehicle will be a minimum of a £2.00 donation per vehicle and is payable upon your arrival.
- If you can pre-enter for this event, as entry will be on a first come basis with entry forms getting priority.
- Forms will be available on the day to be completed or download one from this website.
- Prizes have been donated by Baldock Independent Beer Festival and Apple Cottage Cider.
- Don’t forget that the open gardens event is on the same day, so can take a look around some of the splendid Baldock hidden gems.
Please follow us on Facebook
All proceeds will go support the running and development of Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre.
Another chance to look around some of Baldock’s hidden gardens.
- Organised by Baldock Rotary Club
- The opportunity to enjoy gardens large and small
- Take refreshments in the courtyard at Templars (between 2.00pm and 4.00pm)
- Listen to the Bygrave Handbell Ringers
Details of the gardens open and a map will be provided when you buy your ticket. A mini bus will operate to and from Templars to gardens on a requested basis.
All proceeds from this event will go to the charitable causes that Rotary is supporting throughout the year.