[my_calendar format=”list” time=”month” year=”2017″ month=”10″ above=”nav,toggle,jump,print,timeframe” below=”key,feeds”]
Come and try this authentic cuisine for a taste of Africa! £10.00 per person to include a welcome drink of Prosecco. Booking is essential (tickets available from the Community Centre).
Light Lunches from 12pm to 1.30pm at St Mary’s Church Hall. Ploughmans style lunches (including a pudding) for £5 per person. Tickets available at the community centre. All proceeds go to local charities.
Baldock Town Twinning Association presents a Murder Mystery
‘May Day Murder’
This year’s play has been written by one of our own members of Baldock Town Twinning.
In recognition of the centenary of the end of the Great War, this play is a tribute to those who had to rebuild life in Hertfordshire after the war.
Set in a North Herts town in 1919…….could it be Baldock? The trauma of rebuilding their lives presents numerous problems resulting in a murder within the family of the local gentry.
As usual Dinner will be served during the interval, but please bring along your own nibbles for the evening.
The ticket price covers your entry fee, a hot supper plus, of course, dessert, a reasonably priced bar (no BYO, please) as well as the Murder Mystery entertainment and a raffle.
Come and join us for an evening of nourishment and entertainment written by one of our own.
The Baldock Street fair is one of the must attend days in the Calendar, with stalls and free shows down the high street and around town.
Fifty craft and local charity stalls
The Baldock Street Fair Highlights:
- ‘Tricky Micky’ will be giving five 30-minute performances which will include a Punch and Judy show, Magic Show and Ronnie Rabbit Puppet.
- The Medieval Combat Society – will be setting up camp in the High Street to entertain and to teach about the history of 14th century England in the time of King Edward III. There will be combat and dance displays during the day but do visit their encampment find out more information about their weapons, armour and lifestyle.
- The Animal Experience Zoo – Visit the community centre to see The Animal Experience (a small licensed zoo) with a wide variety of exotic animals, many of which are unwanted pets and rescue animals. Expect to see and meet their marvellous meekats, snakes including a python and milkshake, lizards including a bearded dragon, blue tongue skink and mini beasts. The animal keepers will be on hand to answer your questions and offer you the opportunity to touch or hold many of their animals.
- Fairground rides. James Harris will again be bringing his fairground rides to delight the children.
- School Choirs will perform during the day. There will also be traditional maypole dancing from Hartsfield School.
- Zumba display in the arena.
- Morris dancers
War Memorial arena
10:30 – 12pm – Morris Dance
1:00-1.20 – Zumba
1:20 – 2pm Primary schools performing including Hartsfield School chior and maypole dancing
2:20 Morris day of dance procession
The ever growing Baldock Classic Car Show will once again be part of Baldock Festival and is open to any vehicle over the age of 20 years old and ‘interesting’ newer vehicles are also welcome. As usual we will have prizes on offer awarded by our expert judges for best in class. We will have a BBQ with quality burgers and bacon sandwiches for the early birds run by the scouts, a Cider Bar run by Apple Cottage, a Coffee Truck will be available along with teas and coffees in the Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre, a cake stall run by the Brownies/Guides and live music from 12:00. All the proceeds from this event will be going to charity so please if you are just spectating please donate some money to the charity boxes as all the team are working for free.
- Classic Bikes and Commercials welcome
- Parking Starts from 10:00 and the runs from 11:00-16:00
- Brown and Gammons will opening their doors for you to take a look around
- Entry price for displaying a vehicle will be a minimum of a £3.00 donation per vehicle and is payable upon your arrival
- If you can, please pre-register for this event, as entry will be on a first come basis with priority parking for pre-registered vehicles – download and entry form from this website
- Forms will be available on the day to be completed
- Prizes have been donated by Baldock Independent Beer Festival and Apple Cottage Cider.
- Don’t forget that the open gardens event is on the same day, so you can take a look around some of the splendid hidden gems of Baldock
Please follow us on Facebook
Refreshments also available from Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre, Old Town Hall. 10am-4.00pm
All proceeds will go support the running and development of Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre.
Another opportunity to look around and enjoy some of Baldock’s hidden gardens, large and small.
Details of the gardens open and a map will be provided when you buy your ticket. A mini-bus will operate to and from Templars to gardens on a requested basis.
Refreshments will be served in the courtyard at Templars between 2.00pm and 4.00pm when you can also listen to the Bygrave Handbell Ringers.
All proceeds from this event will go to the charitable causes that Rotary is supporting throughout the year. This event is organised by Baldock Rotary Club.