[my_calendar format=”list” time=”month” year=”2017″ month=”10″ above=”nav,toggle,jump,print,timeframe” below=”key,feeds”]
The Baldock Street fair is one of the must attend days in the Calendar, with stalls and free shows down the high street and around town.
Fifty craft and local charity stalls
The Baldock Street Fair Highlights:
- ‘Tricky Micky’ will be giving five 30-minute performances which will include a Punch and Judy show, Magic Show and Ronnie Rabbit Puppet.
- The Medieval Combat Society – will be setting up camp in the High Street to entertain and to teach about the history of 14th century England in the time of King Edward III. There will be combat and dance displays during the day but do visit their encampment find out more information about their weapons, armour and lifestyle.
- The Animal Experience Zoo – Visit the community centre to see The Animal Experience (a small licensed zoo) with a wide variety of exotic animals, many of which are unwanted pets and rescue animals. Expect to see and meet their marvellous meekats, snakes including a python and milkshake, lizards including a bearded dragon, blue tongue skink and mini beasts. The animal keepers will be on hand to answer your questions and offer you the opportunity to touch or hold many of their animals.
- Fairground rides. James Harris will again be bringing his fairground rides to delight the children.
- School Choirs will perform during the day. There will also be traditional maypole dancing from Hartsfield School.
- Zumba display in the arena.
- Morris dancers
War Memorial arena
10:30 – 12pm – Morris Dance
1:00-1.20 – Zumba
1:20 – 2pm Primary schools performing including Hartsfield School chior and maypole dancing
2:20 Morris day of dance procession
Another opportunity to look around and enjoy some of Baldock’s hidden gardens, large and small.
Details of the gardens open and a map will be provided when you buy your ticket. A mini-bus will operate to and from Templars to gardens on a requested basis.
Refreshments will be served in the courtyard at Templars between 2.00pm and 4.00pm when you can also listen to the Bygrave Handbell Ringers.
All proceeds from this event will go to the charitable causes that Rotary is supporting throughout the year. This event is organised by Baldock Rotary Club.