[my_calendar format=”list” time=”month” year=”2017″ month=”10″ above=”nav,toggle,jump,print,timeframe” below=”key,feeds”]
The Baldock Street fair is one of the must attend days in the Calendar, with stalls and free shows down the high street and around town.
Fifty craft and local charity stalls (with many stallholders in costume!) to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Free drinks will be available for those who dress up to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Visit the Festival Stall for a free drinks voucher. (While Vouchers last)
The Baldock Street Fair Highlights Throughout the day:
- ‘Tricky Micky’ will be giving five 30-minute performances which will include a Punch and Judy show, Magic Show and Ronnie Rabbit Puppet.
- LEG II AVG – A leading Roman living history group, who have done countless TV Documentaries and provided props for film and TV, will be setting up camp in the High Street for the day. Their latest documentary with which they were involved – Epic Warrior Women Gladiatrix – won an award at Cannes for best historical accuracy and re-enactments. Come and meet fiercesome gladiators and soldiers!
- Fairground rides. James Harris will again be bringing his fairground rides to delight the children.
- School Choirs from Hartsfield JMI School and St John’s Catholic Primary School will perform during the day. There will also be traditional maypole dancing from Hartsfield School.
- Zumba display in the arena too.
- Pupils for the Andrews School of Dance will be performing
During the day judges will be visiting all the stalls to choose the one they think has most entered into the spirit of the day by dressing up to represent a period of Baldock’s past, and awarding a cash prize.
Another chance to look around some of Baldock’s hidden gardens.
- Organised by Baldock Rotary Club
- The opportunity to enjoy gardens large and small
- Take refreshments in the courtyard at Templars (between 2.00pm and 4.00pm)
- Listen to the Bygrave Handbell Ringers
Details of the gardens open and a map will be provided when you buy your ticket. A mini bus will operate to and from Templars to gardens on a requested basis.
All proceeds from this event will go to the charitable causes that Rotary is supporting throughout the year.