Details required – Although following timing discussed as follows
10:30 – 12 – Morris
1-120 – Zumba
1:20 – 2pm other dance ? May pole dancing
Animal experience petting zoo in the Community Centre
Maypole dancing and choir from Hartsfield School 1pm by the war memorial
Medieval Combat Society will come back this year – they were the good reenactors
The Baldock Street fair is one of the must attend days in the Calendar, with stalls and free shows down the high street and around town.
Fifty craft and local charity stalls (with many stallholders in costume!) to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Free drinks will be available for those who dress up to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Visit the Festival Stall for a free drinks voucher. (While Vouchers last)
The Baldock Street Fair Highlights Throughout the day:
- ‘Tricky Micky’ will be giving five 30-minute performances which will include a Punch and Judy show, Magic Show and Ronnie Rabbit Puppet.
- LEG II AVG – A leading Roman living history group, who have done countless TV Documentaries and provided props for film and TV, will be setting up camp in the High Street for the day. Their latest documentary with which they were involved – Epic Warrior Women Gladiatrix – won an award at Cannes for best historical accuracy and re-enactments. Come and meet fiercesome gladiators and soldiers!
- Fairground rides. James Harris will again be bringing his fairground rides to delight the children.
- School Choirs from Hartsfield JMI School and St John’s Catholic Primary School will perform during the day. There will also be traditional maypole dancing from Hartsfield School.
- Zumba display in the arena too.
- Pupils for the Andrews School of Dance will be performing
During the day judges will be visiting all the stalls to choose the one they think has most entered into the spirit of the day by dressing up to represent a period of Baldock’s past, and awarding a cash prize.