New for this year, the Festival Scarecrow Competition should ensure some fun sights around the town and surrounding area with great prizes for both the best adult and best child entry.
Your Scarecrow needs to be in view from the road, either on the front of your property or rear if that is better from the road, or through a window.
To enter, you must collect a form from Baldock Community Centre – cost of two pounds per entry and return it with a photograph of your Scarecrow(s) by Friday the 13th of May (or before). Judging will take place during the following week, with the Festival Committee picking the top five in each category. The winner will be chosen by public vote on Street Fair day on Saturday 14th May, from a display of all your photographs on the Festival Committee Stand.
Throughout Baldock Festival, the Engine will be hosting a wide range of nights where you can experience different foods from around the World.
- 29th April – 1st May – Italian (Penne pasta with chicken and mushroom in a cream sauce)
- 3rd – 5th May – Spanish (Paella)
- 6th – 8th May – German (Bratwurst)
- 10th – 12th May – Thai (Thai curry)
- 13th – 15th May – Mexican (Loaded Nachos)
- 17th – 19th May – Belgian (Moules-Frites)
- 20th – 22nd May – Portuguese Peri-Peri Wings)
Food is serviced from 12 noon to 8pm Mon-Sat and 12 noon to 6pm Sun